Wednesday, July 13, 2005

My days being a rebel

Don’t know who came out with the idea? Or whether they have better suggestions?
Come one day and were told that have to decorate our area with teddy bear.
Please forgive me, but personally I don’t feel teddy bears and office make a good combination.

Well, because those sitting around me had teddy bears displayed at their workstation and not mine, my boss actually came and questioned me in front of my other collegues

Boss : ei, how come you don’t have teddy bear at your place? See the rest of them have already.
Me : ei, now only I realized only me don’t have. But I can’t bring cause I don’t have any at home oh. (smile)
Boss : come on, I’m sure you have one or maybe your sisters or your cousins. Else ask your boyfriend or your friends present one to you. Worse come to worst, you buy yourself la…those small small one very cheap only.
( she said it jokingly .. but don’t know why I didn’t want to ‘kow tow’ to her)
Me : haha … need to ask them (referring to my collegues) whether they got extra, can donate to me or not loh. People like me no money to buy teddy bear lah … haha…

( I could have say many other sarcastic remarks but I didn't want to break my rice bowl)

e.g.

  • I’m sorry but I’m allergy to teddy bears.
  • You know, I think teddy bears distract me from my work .. so can I be excuse and put in more effort to be productive instead.
  • Teddy bear tend to give sense of sleepiness, I’m sure you don’t want me to feel sleepy during work right?
  • Well, or would you like to buy me one? It will definitely motivate me to perform better.
    Aiya, sorry, I thought decorate area with teddy bears. Each workstation also have to put teddy bear is it?
  • Is putting teddy bear compulsory, will it affect my performance review? If yes, I’ll need to force myself to buy one. Does size matter in this case ah?

More sarcastic remarks

  • I do have teddy bear at home, but I think I prefer them to be at the comfort of my home rather that this cold office. I don’t want them to be a sacrifice… hehe

It has been quite a long time I felt this type of don’t know whether consider anger or frustration. Well, this time I really enjoy being a rebel. I foresee I’ll continue being one too.. =P
Please forgive me if my this post sounds harsh.
At least I’m happier now.
" what doesn’t kill me will only make me stronger"
" throw me lemons, I’ll make nice lemonade"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails