Thursday, December 04, 2014

heals without heels

It has been a few years since I last attend company annual dinner,
somehow it always coincides with my maternity leaves or I was too 'occupied' to attend.
This year, just when I decided to attend and looked forward to the good food and glimpse of lucky draw, 
the dinner taught me a lesson.
A lesson that heals a tired heart.

The lesson : 
No matter how well you prepare yourself, 
how good you take care of yourself and your stuff,
some things if meant to happen, 
will happen,
So take it, learn to see 'light' in it
and don't let it stop you from being you.

Here on, will let the picture do the talking.

Theme of the night : Dazzling.
All the colourful dazzling stuffs provided by organising committee.

Tempted : to steal the whole kit home for children to go wild.
left heel came off as soon as I reached.
Never mind the awkwardness of walking with uneven heels,
 contrast a right hand holding a heel with a left hand that hold elegant dinner bag.
I didn't knew what should I do with the heel,
keep it for repair (I've got no plastic bag)
throw it ( I can't find a single dustbin)
hide it under table (dinner hall not open yet)  



I think The One up there got other plan for me.
As I was walking to the ladies, the other heel decided to come off too.
So there I am, a carefree aunty with no worry of tripping over high heels.








































































Despite of this incident, I was rather suprised to find myself rather unperturbed by the situation. 
I was actually OK, relaxed and found myself laughing at me. 
My team mates were amused, I still enjoyed the good food.
I guess this tired heart is too tired to think too much.

While leaving, one of colleague even commented "wah, you so smart geh, got bring flats some more"
I just smiled and winked. 
I guess 'Ching'derella heels just got turned into flats at the stroke of 10.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails