Friday, November 13, 2015

Book hoarder

I've got no choice. I think I'll have to admit I'm a book hoarder.
Someone told me I've got 5 years worth of books to read.
At the rate I'm sweeping up books at Viva Popular and Big Bad Wolf Sale(BBWS), and the rate I'm reading nowadays, I think 5 years would have been a conservative estimate.

But but but, allow me to share my side of the story ...
It's has got to do with a complex mixture of feelings 
the greed for reading .. that's one of the evergreen entertainment I get to enjoy.
the need to reward myself (after so much hardwork) .. since I don't really spend much on clothes / shoes / beauty products.
the kiasu'ness that I may not be able to get hold on that 'particular' book .. and at a fraction of it's actual price.
the hope that I've something to look forward to reading / knowing
the need to soothe the soul .. think retail therapy & that reading takes off the mind from fire-fighting situations.
the little secret of hoping to have a mini library @ home .. where my children & me get to spend time together indulging ourselves in books.
the hopeful wish that I'll have more time to read after my children grow up ... now I get to enjoy 2 page max of peaceful reading (scan through) before something crop up that requires immediate attention.

Nevertheless, despite having said all the above.
I think I took it a little too far.
I may be gone way before I get to finish the books I have.
So for the coming BBWS 2015, I take a stand to not go mellow down & limit myself.
*Hit forehead* Bad habits die hard ... sigh

ps. my goodreads.com tells me that I'm currently only reached 50% of my target of reading 12 books for 2015 (with another 1 and a half month to go).
My only consolation : better half than never. 

1 comment:

nic said...

ok lor, will bring you there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails