Thursday, December 26, 2019

Rediscovering the joy of reading, blogging and planting

There are another 119 hours more before we greet a new decade, 2020.
Here I am rediscovering the joy of reading, blogging and planting.

Reading
I've liked to read but for the past few years I've been lacking due to other 'time occupying' activities (ie. sleeping, raising children, working, housework, staying sane, etc).
This year, I made a vow in the beginning of the year via a splendid website/app : Goodreads to read 20 books.
Current status : Completed 12 books. 8 more books to go in 119 hours. Doable? Quite not.
But still I'm satisfied with what I've got ... 12 books in 12 months is by no mean an easy feat for me. That's average 1 book per month.

Blogging
I just noticed I did not have a single entry for the year of 2018. So I decided by hook or by crook I have to have an entry for 2019. And here I am, doing what I can to create that post..haha.
To me blogging is a like 'open journaling' with lesser transparency. You share some but not too much (unless you are writing an informative post). 
I decided that I will take up blogging again (Read with disclaimer : on best effort basis). 

Planting
What I rediscovered for planting was that now I don't only plant in my own compound. I'm invading open empty spaces around my area (which I feel in need of some plants & shades) and I start spreading my germinated plants to neighbours, colleagues, friends & even strangers.
That's how brave I have become when it comes to planting. 
I'm happy that our society are more into planting nowadays, many thanks to social media hypes and publicity given to mother nature.


2020 definitely will come with its own set of challenges and ups & down but I will meet them when they come. I'm still the worrier and think too much'er I used to be but I've learnt to live more in the present. There are just some things beyond my control and there's only so much I can do. 

Here's cheers to everyone for a better year ahead. Come what may, may we continue to be a better version of ourselves in any possible ways. Even if it's just 1% better.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails