Wednesday, August 26, 2026

How much do I have to spend in order for me to understand the lesson?

 


There was a charity drive at my workplace earlier this year and I donated 3 bags of new (very new) clothes. While I was going through my wardrobe, I came to realisation that I have spent alot buying clothes which I don't really wear. 

Honestly, it's really a total waste of my hard earned money. I know no use crying over spilt milk. That kind of money saved if I hadn't been buying could pay for years of household expenses. I'm as guilty as charged or without even need to be charged.

These few months when i didn't get to go out at all..I discovered the beauty of 'staying home'. When the eyes don't see, the head and heart won't influence me to buy. Now, I'm leaning towards having fewer things and keeping those that matters and those that I will really use / wear. After all I only got 1 body that can wear a set of clothes at a time...so why need so many clothes? My old self wouldn't understand this but my new self is beginning to understand a little more each day.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails