Monday, April 04, 2005

mother - in - law

The other day, a ex-college friend asked this question
"what kind of mother-in-law would you like to have?"

Feeling a bit weird (our discussion was on something else oh)
I smiled and asked
" what type of mother-in-law do you think our mum will be?"
" what type of mother-in-law do you think we'll be?" (if applicable)
haha.. actually, I asked those questions because I can't think of answers during then =D

To which she laughed and said
" that's a good one, never thought of that "
" but I think my mum is quite nice, I'll try to be good mother-in-law too if I BECOME ONE" she laughed.
now back to my question
"what kind of mother-in-law would you like to have?"

" good mother-in-law loh, like you" =P was my spontaneous reply
she asked again "what if we try our best yet they don't like us?"

... the conversation goes on for about 30 minutes on the same topic, what I did was just be a listener. I guess sometimes we just need someone to talk to & to listen gua.
... but then, I still don't know how to answer her second question and many questions that followed ... I think she has the answers, what she need is just some support & confirmation.

the other day, the TV station were showing "Meet the parents" ...
and I was thinking about it while watching =)
it does have happy ending, doesn't it? =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails