Saturday, January 17, 2009

Reso 2009

Oprah Winfrey once said “ You already have everything you need to start”.
She’s right … it’s not about the money or that ‘thing’.
Just you and your commitment.
She’s just so right.

So, here are my little reso (in no particular order) :

1. Happy & healthy always – ensure that my family & friends are happy and healthy always.

I’ve promised my body not to fall sick as frequent as previously.
Will do my once in 2 years medical check up.
Be more careful as not to hurt myself easily (less bruises and scar for this year).
Always remind myself to look at things positively.
I intend to embark on a HEALTHY LIFESTYLE and EXERCISE REGULARLY (and that include doing house works).
I’ve come to the conclusion that only if I’m healthy I’m able to care for others especially my loved ones.


2. To be a good daughter, sister, wife, daughter in law, sister in law, great grand daughter in law and hopefully a good mama in future. There are so many roles that we play and I hope I can do it well. Now, staying away from my family, I missed them at times especially my father and sisters. I do hope to be a good friend to my dear friends too.

3. To learn cooking, it’s time for me to really get down & learn to cook at least some home dishes. I’ll stick with my 12 dishes per year resolution. I’ve cooked a few dishes this year but haven’t got the gut to let anyone taste except those close to me.

4. To save more – vow to achieve more than half of 6 digits as my account has been bleeding profusely ever since about 6 months ago. =p To spend wisely and reasonably. To delay gratification and reduce hash purchases. To think before buying. Leaving my next bulk purchase of clothes for my next Bangkok trip =D

5. To learn more about financial planning. To increase income via various channels. To seriously start preparing for retirement and family fund.

6. To learn Chinese language. I know I know it has been in my reso for many many years now but my chinese language doesn’t seem to be improving fast enough. Watch more MTV and sing along. Listen to Chinese radio station, watch chinese movies.

7. To start a business – I’ve started one and failed (and not afraid to admit it). It was sold off, however has not received a single cents as the amount is borrowed to a friend in need (in fact, I know them both husband and wife). I do not know when the money will come back but it should never stop / deter me from starting another business.

8. To give a comfortable & loving home to a doggie. Will adopt one from SPCA – before May 2009.

9. To do more charity this year. I was pretty tied up all year round for 2008, thus I did not contribute much to those in need. This year, I’m to help those in need in any way I can. If any of you have or know of any charity event that needs volunteer, please do share with me.


10. To sign up as organ donor this year. I've always wanted to but didn't really take the time and effort to do it. This year, this is one of the little things I must do.

11. To be closer to GOD – I’ve never been pious. But somehow or rather, I feel myself inclined to understand more recently.

12. To be more environmental friendly. I’ve started to segregate my home rubbish (waste) into recyclable items. I’ve even started collecting fruits skins and fresh vegetables left over to make garbage enzymes. They not only cleans well and economical but also help to clear up the environment and reduces wastes.

13. To improve my intrapersonal and communication skills, time management and improve on my attitude.

14. Career advancement – to get a promotion and pay rise. Even if this year, will not get promotion so easily, will work towards one / accumulate effort towards achieving one.

Have grown to love what I’m doing. If possible, will try to take initiative to learn more new things as it will add value to me.

15. To recognise routes - avoid sleeping in vehicles and try to recognise route =p

Last but not least, I would like to reiterate :
Oprah Winfrey once said “ You already have everything you need to start”. She’s right … it’s not about the money or that ‘thing’.
Just you and your commitment.
She’s just sooo.. right.

Wishing all of us who has set our resolutions for 2009 will look back in 2010 and glad that we have achieve most of what we commit to do =)

2 comments:

anechoic said...

what is more than half of 6 digits? means more than 500k per annum ;) wah..

didn't know it was oprah that make that quote..thought it was someone else..hehe

Su said...

haha...of course less 1 zero lah =p
where to find 500k p.a oh??? =p

Related Posts with Thumbnails