Monday, August 10, 2009

Different kind of read

I picked up the latest issue of Cleo the other day...
and I found I didn't have the patience nor the passion to finish (or even start reading) it at all.
I forced myself a little to at least read some interesting articles .... but I just couldn't wait to 'get rid of it' just as I started.
Nothing in there really interest me any more (sad to say). Cleo was at some point one of the mag I read diligently.

It makes me wonder ... what is happening?
Is it me or is it the magazine?
I think it ought (it has) to be me... outgrowing the magazine.
My priorities have changed and so do my need & taste in read & knowledge.
Perhaps I'm too old for that 'stage' Cleo is in.

No more Cleo ... Goodbye Cleo ...
Have you ever like reading a certain genre of books / magazines and finding yourself disliking the same genre over time?

3 comments:

cy said...

yes wor ... now i don't rely like detective stories dy... used to love it last time. lately, i like to read national geographic mag, but expensive la ...

anechoic said...

techno thrillers used to be my fav..lost interest 2-3 years ago.

but currently, lost interest in reading as well..lol.

cy, nat geo mag normally got sell old batches mar..should be cheaper.

Su said...

cy : didn't know you started liking nat geo...when the love affair started? =p anehoic is right.. the indian magazine / xim phou moon sell cheap old edition of nat geo.

anehoic : did i see wrongly. the most avid reader has lost interest in reading?? =p

Related Posts with Thumbnails