Saturday, October 02, 2010

I'm sorry but the race rules seem to have changed

** these are pure opinion of the poster, please need not proceed if you already disagree with the title **
I'm not sure but from my observation of the people around me, the rat race rules seem to have changed.
If you allow me to call it the 'NEW rat race'..
From what I observe,
it's no longer who's got the most enviable highest flying & paying job
it's no longer who cliche the best deal
it's no longer who owns the most properties and luxurious item
now the race has a new face ... the OLD rat race characteristics & rules are now secondary if not tertiary.
it seems that now
it's about the importance of family & love ones
it's about personal development & personal well being
it's about who settle down faster
it's about how fast you start a home & family
it's about how much time you spend with your children
it's about how well you can leave work at where it should be left (ofice) and spend more time with family & love ones

Looking back, these new trends seem to have started 2-3 years back and is catching up faster nowadays.
Perhaps my observation are skewed towards the age group I'm in.
Perhaps my observation are biased because I observe selectively of the people whom I know and not a big sample enough to make major conclusions.
Anyway, we choose how we want to lead our lives.. race or no race

1 comment:

anechoic said...

ceh, tot u talk about racism..haha

Related Posts with Thumbnails