Thursday, August 16, 2012

end of the world

The other night, I had a vivid bad dream.
We were in a classroom ...my boss was there
the blood thick rain pelting hard against the broken window...
rain came in and started hitting us... everyone was running for shelter.
my boss is the most selfish ... running behind all of us.
I ran out of the class ... meeting another malay colleague
I remember asking her is this the sign of hari kiamat
she and another malay girl looked at the sun and said
"matahari jangan padam, kalau padam maksudnya semua akan berakhir di sini"
I saw the sun goes off (just like a light being switched off) ... signalling it's the end now and here
I remember shouting and praying very hard to God...
to allow me enough time to go back to my family..
to allow me to hold my children for one last time ... I want them safe in my arm.
to allow me to love them. protect them and be there for them for one last time.
I started running
It was then I was awaken by my little girl little cry for her nen nen (milk)
When I woke up, I was sweating, trembling and had traces of tears on my face and pillow.

Only god know how relieved I was upon waking up and realising I just had a nightmare.
I carry my little girl up for her feeding... and for that one moment 
I feel blessed having to wake up for her feeding at odd wee hour in the morning .. for if the end is near, when else do I get to spend more time bonding with my children if not NOW.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails