Saturday, May 03, 2014

colourful things that can go into the mouth

Ever since what happened to us (my family) last year, 
I've learnt the importance of health 
and is more careful with what we put into our mouth.
I like colourful things so I assume my kiddies like them too ...
so I learn to make our own snacks.
I love making these for them.
They love these their mother make for them.
I couldn't have ask for more =)
the 4 jars of dried fruits were gone in less than an hour =D

The process :
1. Cutting and slicing the fruits. Treating some with lemon juice if required (to reduce oxidation)













2. Arrange slices of fruits according to similarity of texture (ie. time needed to dry). Mine is more of trial and error basis.
So we have
  • kiwi
  • mango
  • dragon fruit
  • pineapple 
  • nangka / cempedak
  • green & red apple
  • guava









 3. stack up the tray and on power ... then we just wait. I prefer to do it at night after they sleep.

4. When they reach desired dryness, we off the power and let the fruit cool down before canning them in clean airtight container (preferably glass).





5. Give the kiddies some suprises. Enjoy!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails