Wednesday, February 02, 2011

my little bean project

For the past 2 weeks, I've been going through some rough patches and I've also been very occupied not only with work but also 'work outside work'. I've been doing alot of thinking as well.

Each time when I'm going through rough patches in life, I'll always do things that will help to 'heal' me.

This time round, I embark on a little beanie project ... trying to kill 3 birds with a stone.
1st - to 'heal' myself
2nd - to show my little one how little beans grow just like him
3rd - to symbolise the growing of something my family is working on.


Day 1 - just beans - 2 black, 2 soya, few red ones. Just like all of us ... being in the same place but each occupy a different soil.







Day 2 - some cracks in the beanies' skin. Just like us, some things we need to break the shell and try before we know whether we can do it or not.


Day 3 - little roots emerging, but also realised that some beans are not meant to be grown ... the soyas ... they basically rot.
Like us, some know we must work hard to build a good foundation. Somethings are not meant to be, we had no choice but to accept that it won't work.





Day 4 - little sprouts coming out with fresh new leaves. Like us, as long as we never give up, there's always new beginning, new hope. If we work hard everyday, someday our effort will pay off.




Day 4 - side view








Day 5 - sprouts growing longer, leave bigger and roots deeper.


















Day 6 - beanie sprouts have grown taller, roots grown deeper into the cotton bed.
















Day 7 - bigger & stronger








Here, my little one admiring my little beans ... every morning when my little one wakes up... he'll look for bean bean.









Little beans came just in time to celebrate Chinese New Year..
Here, bean papa, bean mama & bean babies wishing everyone a new great beginning for this rabbit year =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails