Thursday, February 10, 2011

the reunion revolution

Some 20+ years ago, my family & I used to have very delicious reunion dinners ...
1st @ my 'mah mah' & 'ye ye' low cost flat in JB
2nd round @ my 'poh poh' & 'gong gong' rumah 'bawah bata atas papan' in Pusing

Then as we grow up ... and due to my mum's condition, we started applying leave from reunion dinner from my parents' hometown.
For that few years (before I got married), as far as I remembered, most of our reunion dinners were 一锅熟 steamboat type.
The only exception was this time & this time
Somehow I regret not being able to prepare a decent reunion dinner for my family especially my parents.

One of the 'plus' sign after getting married was that I get to enjoy 'good food' and I mean really good foods especially on 大日子 ... This I feel so blessed.



After so many years, only ONE thing that has never changed.. the fact that I'm still not capable of preparing a decent reunion dinner .. (and the fact that somehow the food I cook only I feel ok & that is also sometimes only)

2011 ... our reunion dinner with ku po family.. thank you everyone for the delicious reunion dinner.


I love every single dishes on the table =D including the rice.












sweet & nice : my fav asparagus with black fungus, gingko, chinese wolfberries & 'bak hap'











Fresh Fish - ginger steamed with tomato













Tender steam kampung chicken : just right...not too cooked.













Asam Pedas / Rendang prawn : succulent prawns in heavenly gravy. I couldn't not have one more and one more and one more despite ah dear giving me the 'note your cholesterol' look











Some more got different type of sauce.















Heavenly indulgence : this is like a once-in-a-lifetime privilege.






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails