Tuesday, March 22, 2005

LRT encounter

Had a not-so-pleasant experience yesterday night.
Instead of heading home after class about 9.30pm, me went to collect car key from my sister at Masjid Jamek LRT station.
Waited with her for her friend to pick-up her till around 10.20pm, she had some celebration with friends.
I missed the Sri Petaling train, thus waited another 15 - 25 minutes interval.


In the LRT, there was a malay guy in mid 30s to 40s with moustache sat diagonally opposite me.
Don't know why but I sensed he kept looking at me. When I looked at him, he looked away then looked back again. Trying not to be sensitive, I ignore him and look out at sceneries.
There were about 4 people in the compartment but this guy suddenly stood up & sat next to me. Me start to feel uneasy liao (trying to move away)


Upon getting down from LRT at Bandar Tun Razak station, I purposely let him walk ahead of me.
However, he was walking very slowly up the stairs and kept looking back.
I decided to walk fast following other passengers.
I'm afraid as my car was parked quite a walking distance from the station entrance.
I tried to follow a couple closely as they seemed to be the only people heading the same direction as me.
My heart skipped a beat when I saw the guy walking the same direction behind me.
When the couple turn left at the junction, I didn't know whether to stop at the food stall selling burger or to continue walking to the car.


I dare not look back. All I want is to just GET INTO MY CAR and LEAVE

My initial reaction was to lock the car door after sitting in.
Actually my hand already clutching handphone, ready to make call anytime liao ... sigh
I was fumbling with the car lock (mine is the type that lock the steering wheel to the brake pedal)
The more I 'gan cheung', the more I fumble.

When I reverse to leave, I saw the guy leaning against the proton iswara parked behind.

Don't know whether me mistaken people, me frightening myself or how?
Somehow it was scary during then. Felt uneasy.
It also made me realised that I'm not as 'calm' as I would like to be in situation like this


.... looking back, perhaps I should have done what my sister suggested -- speak loud over the phone pretending as though there's someone waiting for me at the station ...

1 comment:

cy said...

I think you should make the call when you are in the LRT. Let him know that there are people waiting for you at the station already. Then, wait at the station there (at the counter). At least, the employees are there.

Must be careful ahh....

Related Posts with Thumbnails