Monday, January 15, 2007

Resolution 2007

Much had been said about resolutions.
Many theories have been derived from resolutions..
Some say it's good to have resolution..it gives us aims & directions
Some say 'what's the point of having & putting resolution in writing when nothing is done... It will only cause heart break, lower our self-esteem at the end of the day"
Good or bad, it's just how we look at it, really :)


call me 'old fashioned' but I used to write down my resolutions in my 'to do' book.
and I must admit I was so afraid that I may not fulfill my resolutions that I made them very general.
So much so that I was actually cheating myself, making me believe I've at least achieved some of my resolution when
in fact I didn't at all.

And now I feel stupid doing that :p

So this may be a bit late...it's already 15/1/07
however "yao sum mm pa chi" ho ;)


I intend to put my resolutions here
because I need your help & support
to ensure I do not stray too far from what I want


1. Recognise routes - must at least know how to go to TESCOs, CARREFOURs, GIANTs, MYDINs and JUSCOs in Klang Valley *wink**wink* Make it a point to stay awake and focus in car.

2. Spend more time with my family & loved ones - Talk to mum & dad when I'm home at night if they have not slept. Talk to mum even if she can't reply. Talk to dad even though it's already late because I know he always look for opportunities to talk to me and I come home late at times.

3. Be punctual, no procrastination - I only allow myself a buffer of 10-minutes late. Have the courtesy to give the other party a call if I'll be late. Else I should be 10-minutes early. Sorry dear for making you wait for me. In job, business and life, anything that needs to be settled today should be settled by today. I shall prioritise & handle the most challenging job first.

4. Learn cooking - At least 6 dishes for this year.. among which black pepper chicken and pizza is a must (because these are among dear's favourite dishes). Others will be brocolli & mushroom. Asparagus and prawns. Laksa.

5. Save $ - establish a fund for house. Save at least 30% to 40% of my monthly income. Managing my cashflow to ensure just minimal amount is maintain in low interest earning accounts. Have a more active and regular portfolio management. Most importantly, I really really have to stop my impulse buying..buying only what deem essential and with appropriate consideration.

6. Not to take things for granted. To be thankful & grateful with what I have. Not to complain with little little 'bumps' in life because besides those little bumps, my life is a smooth journey.

7. Learn more Chinese. I must at least able to read & comprehend a song when I hear it.

8. Stay strong for mum, dad, my sisters & dear.

9. Keep my room & things organised and tidy. No clutters and old newspapers on the floor. Bag not in use should be put into cupboard. My desk should be clutter free. Bedsheet to be changed once a month.

10. Improve my driving skills especially for parallel parking. Do not avoid parking else I'll never learn. Learn from dear as he's berry good at all types of parking :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails