Monday, March 26, 2007

If I ever ....

I've just returned from a career development workshop. To be honest, nothing there excite me. Seeing the enthusiasm of the fresh grad sitting next to me is like seeing myself so many many years back... hoping to outshine a little and land myself in a great job.
Now that I discover all GREAT jobs they are refering to are mere jobs where we slaught our head off in order to earn a living.


Someone please tell me that it's still worth climbing the corporate ladder. Tell me that they are things which I can look forward to when I reach a higher level besides better money.

Talking about the fresh grad that was sitting beside me, she's a bright and outstanding girl.
Very firm and convincing when she speaks. It was later that I found out she's the best student, head prefect of her school, organised a fun fair like charity event that collected RM60k for her school, won Pelajar Wakil Tokoh Kepimpinan for the school district. I found out that her family is treated like VIP by PIBG (Parents' Association) of the school.

I felt small in comparison but I didn't regret because that's not what I want.
She took Marketing Multimedia at Multimedia University.
I asked her what's her dream job as part of the exercise for the workshop, she told me she doesn't like sales but like presenting marketing proposals to corporate clients. However she didn't know how she ended up in a call centre.
I assured & encouraged her that she's still young and can work towards her goals. Although I may not be in the right position to give this kind of advice, I wanted very much for her to know that sometimes we may take a little bit of deviations to reach our destinations.
And that the grass may not be green all the time, it may dried off before growing greener after a downpour.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I used to be like that...i bet we all used to be in the same situation as the young girl. But as time passes by, i do agree that it does not matter much anymore. There are greater things in life other than be in te top positions. I do feel envy sometimes but as long as we are content with our lives, i guess we will be happier.Cheers...

Su said...

you're so right keef..

Related Posts with Thumbnails