Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Work Work Work

Lately my workload in office has increased tremendously that I’m unable to find time to settle down.
Going into office is like entering a war-zone. Everything is critical. Everything is urgent.
All it’s like a whirlwind till it’s time to go home. Time is never enough no matter how much I do.
May be I’ve yet to master the art of prioritization. May be I’ve yet to be high enough in the ladder to delegate.
But trust me that when everything … yes, everything is just screaming ‘VERY CRITICAL’ and you’ve people to be answerable to … just everything is 1st priority.
And trust me, when you have no one to delegate to … it’s a matter of do or die. It’s like tai chi’ng the wrong way =p
Yalor.. I’ve only got myself to blame. While others worked hard and had their effort paid off .. being promoted, here I’m where I’m looking up at the ladder.. looking up at people waving to me & snigger 'see I told you so' … sad.
However, all is not gone…

At least I'm working in a harmonic environment.
At least I’m still surviving & enthusiastic about life.

At least I still have things to look forward to when I stepped out of the office glass door =)

4 comments:

cy said...

if talk about work, i would start sighin... i even start to hav the tendency to think of a way to 'snake' around.... :P

when your workload is starting to piling up, higher and higher like Mount Everest, priotise and delegate are EXTREMELY important... but, i also have yet to master the art of delegating... haih...

anechoic said...

Normally if got many work to do, i.e many customer problems to attend, I will see which one if not attend first, the company will lose money. Else not, downgrade the critical level.

If those simple are simple problems, and the company will continue to function without them. Then it probably can be done next day i.e not critical even though customer are screaming for you to come. Just persuade them a bit and lie a bit..kau tim...hehe

Not sure if same as doing paperwork..haha. But i think need to know how to persuade(actually is tell a bit lie..I always lie..lol).

ps: IF not, OT lu..haha

Su said...

thanks alot for the precious advise, it seems that i'm not the only one facing these MINOR challenges.
But it's good to know that it's just a passing phase in our working life.

OT ah... no money wan..buat apa wor?

anechoic said...

I OT also no money...that's why u see me if got chance to snake, I will snake.

OT to finish job lor even though no pay. Many ppl also like that...haha. But if u dun need to OT to finish ur work, then the work is not as critical as ur boss/collegues says. :P hehe..

Related Posts with Thumbnails