Sunday, March 29, 2009

Earth Hour 2009

What we did for earth hour (2009)

1. We rushed back from pasar malam after hearing one of the trader say in Cantonese "still have 25 more minutes, we switched off the lights" .... don't know whether he really meant it but was glad that the message actually reach people from all walks of life.

2. As we walked back to Tesco, we were informed Tesco had made announcements to switch off lights from 8.30pm onwards for an hour ... a little suprised but sort of anticipated Tesco will join community activities like this.

3. Reached home 5 minutes before 8.30pm ... ah dear switched on TV to watch the event throughout Malaysia and the world.

4. Just sharp at 8.30pm according to my home clock, I switched off all the lights that were on in the house.

5. As I've yet to bath, I took bath with a tealight candle ... it was such a relaxing bath so much so that I intend to do that more often. Yah, i know I'm not suppose to use the water heater as well but bath still need to be taken.

6. Being a busybody I'm, I went out to check who else on the same street off their light in support of earth hour, dissapointedly, beside our home and father in law home and 2 opposite neighbours (one of which i think is not at home), all the others were with all their lights on.

7. I sat outside wondering what is KL like at this time without most of the lights ... and I sat outside imagining wishbone is running towards me and sat beside me ... wondering whether wishbone will be still waiting for me at SPCA.

(source : www.mymagicproperties.com)

till the next post, take care everyone and if possible, try to do whatever little we can for the earth we live in. We are only guest on earth and we owe our next generation the best of what we have on earth today.

till then, more good news to come =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails