Tuesday, March 03, 2009

rain rain go away, come again another day (please...)

Last last time, maybe about 20 overs years back,
I used to kneel down at the door facing the sky and pray when it rains
'Rain rain please go away, come again another day'
especially on days I want to go out and play at the playground / go to my friend's house to play with their doggies / ride their bicycle / play their video games (notice that I do not have any of these at home)

Today, while walking down the stairs from 8th floor due to 'lif rosak', I looked at the sky again and said in my heart
'Rain rain please go away, come again another day'
I literally want the rain to come again another day so that I can go home early if not sharp with the excuse of the road in front of the office is flooded .... if I don't leave office now, the water may keep rising and I may need to overnight at office till the flood water receed =p kekekeke

Yah... that's really bad of me ...
but you know what ...
today, while on my way home ... I see many colleagues who used to stay till very late actually leave the office early.
To me, it's a good thing, at least tonight, they get to spend more time with their families, their love ones if not themselves.

So, when I say 'Rain rain please go away, come again another day'
I really mean it ... the rain to go away at that moment so that people can start going home, and come again another day so people can go home early and spend their time at home fruitfully.
Isn't it amazing how a little girl's prayer last time ... can be so useful 20 over years later? =)

Some pics capture to depict how's the situation like especially when the river is almost overflowing.
(1) the road in front of office is flooded.

(2) people finding ways to leave office without getting shoes soaked in murdy river water. See the stairs, there's where everyone of us came down because the 'lif rosak'



(3) See the pavement fencing with DBKL logo ... See how near is the water to the pavement edge. In measurable terms, I will say about 15cm-20cm more (like a ruler we use in school).


(4) a closer side view of how the river is almost overflowing. In fact it had overflowed at the lower end (which is at my office).
(5) a closer closer view of how near is the water to pavement, water actually spill out to the pavement near those pillars as the water current is being blocked by the pillar, you can actually see a whirlpool at the pillar.

Please do not ask me why I still have time and dare to stand there to take picture ...
it's because I've got something to say ... a point to share ...
and nothing like this is going to stop me.

2 comments:

anechoic said...

haha Su, I will always support ur rain wish. I truly deeply hate raining b4 go home time!!

rain in KL = jam, flood, system down, late go home, stress!!

Lawsh said...

i really don't like bandaraya station, being acrophobic (or altophobic, its the same =_=) with the station 'dangling' over the river, my mind would run wild with crazy imaginations of 'what-if'-s.

what scares me more is like how your pics showed, the speed of the water flowing and the height of which the water have rose. if im not wrong, the water level rose at least 3 meters from its usual height.

Related Posts with Thumbnails