Friday, June 19, 2009

money money money

Lately, I'm worrying about money again ...
We seem to have many expenses coming and I feel I'm not earning enough.
Call me a kiasu but I'm more comfortable with some 'cushion' (the thicker the better) in my account rather than living from paycheck to paycheck.
I've been saving very hard from young ... thank to what my parents inculcate in me and I do take money very seriously.
Looks like now I'll need to pursue a higher income ... nevermind via the main stream or via side stream (even better if it's from multiple streams)
Help me ... I need the money.
I'm also in a dilemma. I do not know whether in times like this, is it appropriate for me to hint to my friend to return the money I lent her about 1.5 years ago?
I really do hope she and her husband is doing better now and returning a few thousands of dollars will be 'sap sap sui' for them. But then how come I find it so hard to ask? why?

5 comments:

Lawsh said...

1.5 years??? *gulp* now that is hard one, also the reason why i don't like to borrow unless really need to and return ASAP before i forget about it.

to be honest, i have been living from paycheck to paycheck for 5 years. i am now sadly being forced in red again after successfully wiping out all my credit card debts :(

a good advice given to me by a dear friend, "the ship will align itself when it reaches the bridge" (cantonese saying) or "treat the fallen sky as a blanket" (another cantonese saying).

if you just spend time on worrying, you will only get worry. let things take its course, things will turn out somehow :)

Unknown said...

it's really hard to ask back the money you lent to someone...send her some hint hint...:P
i totally agree with harvey...i know it's hard to not think about it, but thinking too much will just make it worse. take it easy. things will fall into place one day. enjoy life and especially the pahse of life you are going through now. we're always here to give you support...

cy said...

yupp, don't be too worry. things will fall to its right places when the time comes. as for ur friend, it's hard but no matter what, u hint hint ler. maybe she can return by instalment slowly.

ngor dei zhi chi nei...

addywong said...

i'm more worry for my "roof" right now...

Carina said...

I think you should politely ask for the money back, and if she's sincerely forgot, she will return it quickly.

But if you don't hear from her, you can write it off as a lesson learnt...

Related Posts with Thumbnails