Tuesday, March 16, 2010

those were the days

Today on the train (lrt) home, in a state between sleepiness & awakeness, something came to my mind.

I remember during my primary school & secondary school, how I 'ngak sek ngak sek' also can managed through.
It was still manageable during primary school ... at least if I don't know how to do homework, can still ask parents, they still able to guide on primary school stuffs.
Come secondary school ... my parents favourite line 'try asking your teacher / friends'
Come upper secondary ... my parents added another line to their favourite line 'try asking your teacher / friend. why never pay attention in class & why your friend know how to do but not you.'

So I did what I was told ----> I asked friends (a few that are top in their subjects of expertise) but when time is limited, I remembered doing 'manual photostat' of the entire answer. In fact I've been doing it most of the time =p
There were times when I did try to understand but some things were just way beyond my understanding at that point of time. Experts are human too ... they too may be irritated when I still don't get it despite their very patient and detailed explaination.
Of course I told my parents I asked my friends and got the answer (which I really did...haha)

Then I remembered last time for projek ERT (Ekonomi Rumah Tangga), we have only got like 1 hour each week to use the limited no. of sewing machine (which also has to be shared, i think ratio is 1:3). Usually, when it's time to use, it's the end of lesson time.
The thing is, not everyone has a sewing machine at home and I happened to be one of them. In order to complete the project on a tight timeline, I had to go around friends & neighbours house to use their sewing machines.
I almost spoilt a neighbour sewing machine due to my inefficiency. Only god knows how may I've been unwelcome and troublesome.
but I guess that's how i learnt to be so 'thick faced' .... haha

actually, there's a point that I want to deliver when I begin, but when I reach here i suddenly forgot why I started writing about this in 1st place...

maybe I'm wondering how I 'ngak sek ngak sek' also can pull through secondary school till today?
maybe I'm wondering whether has our schooling system done us any good?
maybe I'm wondering about what influence our family & friends can have on us?
maybe I'm wondering whether it's the destination that matters or the journey that matters?'
there are just too many possibilities...

Do you have something during your school years that you would like to share? please do so =) and let us immerse ourselves in the joy of yesteryears =)

5 comments:

cy said...

know how to ngak ngak sek sek is also a skill. it is definitely a skill that is important for me to sail through the school life.

going to school was something i look forward to everyday. i enjoy going to school because that's when i can play and talk to my friends. that's why i hardly ponteng (:P) i guess another factor is good results is not a MUST for me. so, stress was manageable and almost ZERO. i think the most stressful year was when i was at 3 Bistari, with you all. Everyone is so smart and hardworking ...

one particular fun activity was after the final exam in form 4. while people started to worry about the SPM, the whole class (4A1) was having party. I remembered when we played a mass HEART ATTACK and even Pn. Hanisha, our Math's teacher join in the fun. we would scream !!! kekeke ... i missed those moments ....

anechoic said...

cheat during exam consider or not?
i remember i cheat during one monthly history exam..get over 80 for that..hahaha. curi tengok notes for the answers..haha.

i tot u want to write until how u 'ngak sek' during work tim..hahaha

i think only add maths cannot do 'manual photostat' if not sure kena..must modify abit..hehe

Lawsh said...

bugger, always near the top of class people talking about ngak sek T_T

i know myself to be a lazy person so i do no like homeworks or studying unfortunately (actually its fortunately) i joined a group of friends who are near the top of the class and to see them always getting good results spurred me to try to not lose out.

looking back eventhough i was like the worst in the group but my results were much better than my parent's expectation i suppose. to them i was only watching television and spend almost no time studying, just finishing up homework at home if they were too much to be completed at school.

so maybe i would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who helped me in my studies without you all's great academic results almost every time, i would not have the motivation to want to study to not be left behind or out of the group

Su said...

cy : hehe...yahor it's actually a precious skill. Yalor, me 3 bistari onwards also very stressful.

anehoic : wahaha...consider, some more a higher level skill of ngak sek. Actually I wrote half a paragraph already on ngak sek during work but upon consideration...it's way to dangerous so I deleted it.
add maths..yah..cikgu neo will put the 2 or 3 books with the same working together...hehe

lawsh : u mean almost top of the class in 'ngak sek' is it? =p keke
Oh ya...like lawsh, I also wish to thanks all of you who have helped me in my studies including those of you whom copyrighted material was infringed =p sorry too.

snoopychui said...

Wah lau eh! Did not know all these, man! Thought anehoic was good in studies and never ngak sek. Did not know you done that, anehoic!

For me, is a bit way too long to remember the details. It might come across sometime to my mind but just the matter when (old already 'harddisk' cannot work that fast liao)!

I did the 'manual photostat' as well when comes to Add Math but Mr. Neo definitely knows is not my work as I never score any passing mark in that subject. Well, just want to say that I have a bunch of great friends that 'willing' to help out but Add Math or maybe Math are not my cup of tea till now! Anyway, thanks for those direct and indirectly helped me out during those days!

Related Posts with Thumbnails