Tuesday, March 30, 2010

if a child ....

Something to share =)

If a child lives with critism, he learns to condemn
If a child lives with hostility, he learns to fight
If a child lives with ridicule, he learns to be shy
If a child lives with shame, he learns to feel guilty.

If a child lives with tolerance, he learns to be patient.
If a child lives with encouragement, he learns confidence
If a child lives with praise, he learns to appreciate
If a child lives with fairness, he learns justice.

If a child lives with security, he learns to have faith
If a child lives with approval, he learns to like himself
If a child lives with acceptance & friendship, he learns to find love in the world

~~ Dororthy Nolte ~~

If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd finger-paint more, and poin the finger less.
I would do less corrrecting and make more connecting.
I'd take my eyes of my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I would care to know less and know to care more
I'd take more hikes &fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.

I'd do more huggung and less tugging
I'd build self esteem first, and the house later.
I would be firm less often, and affirm much more
I'd teach less about the love of power,
and more about the power of love.

~~ Diane Loomans~~

1 comment:

W.C.Camp said...

Nice work. I think there will always be things I would have done differently as a parent. But in the end I am proud of my effort. Here is a short blog entry regarding this topic. - W.C.C.

http://pjmonolog.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-last-teenage-year.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails