Sunday, May 30, 2010

if only I can

here I'm sitting at the dining table of a balinese style home in Malacca, enjoying the night after ah bi and ah dear sleep. It's raining outside which makes it more 'in the mood'.

This is a retirement home dream come true ... and it makes me ponder whether can I have a comfortable retirement to start with...what more a retirement home.

I do not know when and I do not know how but I do know that as times goes by, my dreams seem to be getting smaller and smaller. My request towards life seem to be simpler and simpler and based on what matter most instead.
Is it just me or does any of you share the same sentiment?

meanwhile, I better grab some of life's luxury ... sleeping (oh, I consider sleeping a luxury these days

2 comments:

Lawsh said...

this is what i observed over the years.

when we were much younger, our aims were sky high. then we learned about logic and lower down our expectation. then we grew up and got the world and life's experiences that further changes what you think is possible or impossible.

humans are good at adapting that is why we have survived for so long, to adapt to what you can or cannot do, you set your real goals.

i used to want a rich wife so i don't need to go to work. when i was in form 2, life hit me and i got craters on my face ie no more handsome so the pretty girls are no longer interested in me :(

Su said...

lawsh : I couldn't agree more with you. You 'cystalize' things.

now I wonder is it good to have high adaptability? does it also make us easily contended?

Related Posts with Thumbnails