Sunday, May 23, 2010

put to good use

remember I had a story about how much I love colouring even at this age ... and how it sort of relaxes me.

well, other than the post, I didn't dare to tell anyone until .....

a colleague of mine who's organising a party at work for birthday boys n girls for Jan - June lamented that it is boring to have birthday cards in black n white.... and it's too expensive to print them with her own colour ink.


without thinking, I said 'why not personalised them, no need printer, just need hand (and time). She trusted my words and passed me a whole stack of A4 papers folded into half (size of a birthday card). I've counted 13 altogether.


To cut long story short, this is what happened :


design chosen (by my colleague) for birthday boys

design for birthday girls




all together




I passed up my homework and she said "You make a good kindergarten teacher. You really have the patience to colour 13 cards"
What I didn't tell her was 'Once upon a time, I dreamt of becoming a kindergarten teacher but I doubt I could survive with my kind of patience & my high maintenance lifestyle.
Of course, venturing into children education sector and franchising can be very profitable, but what's the main objective after all? Is it managing a business or teaching the children?


nevertheless, although not as beatiful as colour printed and I came out with my own colour scheme, I hope my colleagues will like these cards.

3 comments:

cy said...

hehehe ... suddenly i can see you cutting color papers for your project during Form 3 ... remember ? hehehe ...

Su said...

OMG..looking back, how silly I'm to spend time cutting papers instead of writing a good project..haha

snoopychui said...

Su, I am into making cards.....You can ask me for help but of cause with some profit for me to make. :) Please visit my Paper Craft blog at http://www.messagekeeper.blogspot.com/. Please help me to promote to your friends and colleague. I make/take customize orders as well. Cheers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails