Friday, February 03, 2012

scrap toy


What do you do with some scrap thread overrun from fabrics?
I feel it was too wasteful & colourful to throw away. 
So I just kept them until the day before yesterday...


Finally I found usage for the scrap thread. 
While I was trying to encourage ah bi motor skill of using a peg, I've a sudden 'eureka' moment... I rushed to dig out my scrap thread collection and told him it's where the birds stay. 
Ah bi seemed to be fascinated with the idea. Learnt a new word : nest. Learnt a few new concepts like how mama papa bird go out look for food, so gor gor bird have to take care of mei mei bird & etc... He even interacted more telling me the "all bird go home o..o.. (sleep) with colourful nest" (pardon the use of with...he can't differentiate when to use in and when to use with).
Actually I even lied to ah bi that those peg birds were present from mei mei(sister) and the nest were made by mei mei. 
The next magical thing that happen, he actually keep his toy (a.k.a all the peg birds and their nest into a tiny bag I gave him and bring them to bed. 
I'm glad how those scrap threads and birds is precious to him. 
I'm glad he thinks the s'crap' toy I thought of is cool =p 


Up next, the Ferrero Rocher project =D

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails