Wednesday, March 12, 2014

project : reviving garden

Having a garden on my own has always been a dream since childhood (even though I do not have green fingers and sometimes plants that come to my hand die)
I always dream of having the time of my life to do gardening. 
(which explain why I insist to keep the part of our house a garden instead of cementing it).
And I always tell my kiddies that they can help me plant many many different type of plant in our garden. Now I started training them with watering and helping me with the potting.
When I got married, I did have a little nice garden (not something too big or fancy) but just enough to make me happy.
However, as time goes by, my garden turn from one with many plants to being a field with lots of weeds. 
So I made myself a vow to revive my little garden, this time with a twist. 
I'm going to make it a more edible one. 
Yes, at last the practicality in me took over the decorality in me.
So I started dreaming again ... of all the fruits / vegetables / herbs I'm going to pluck from my little garden.
It is not really a right time ... with the draught, haze and water condition in our area. 
But it still has to start, if not now then when?
Sounds crazy, but I do have a list of plants I wanted : 
papaya
custard apple
rozelle
aloe vera
raspberry
spring onion
avocado
pandan leave
curry leave
lemon grass 
ginger
kunyit / turmeric
kafir lime
vegetables
herbs
and I created a little spot for compost of garden waste with the hope of better soil for my future plants.
Another bad habit developed : I started eyeing what plants other people have in their garden / compound and am thick skin enough to ask for some stem / seed if I wanted it badly...LOL 

 Lemon grass, ginger, curry leave (which is still struggling to survive). Thanks to dear & kiddies for helping me pluck baby curry leave plant from nearby field.

Some kind of plant which help to clean the air @ home they say. The taller ones had turned all yellow due to renovation and all before I start to revive it. Smaller plant given by someone who saw my eager'ness in gardening.

Here's the nursery / rehab place : growing more roots for pandan leave, growing different types of lucky bamboo, a pot of japanese rose given by people, and another plant growing from the stem.

some other plants saved from older times.


Japanese rose with different colours. Too bad there are not flowering yet.

ps. if you do have any plants / seeds / gardening things which you wish to dispose, please do consider donating it to me. thank you very much =) 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i can donate aloe vera...:)

Su said...

yay!! TQVM Keef :D

cy said...

pandan leaves mau? i ask my mom to donate ... LoL!!! and, make sure no place for the aedes to breed its generation worr ...

cy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Su said...

mau, mau, my pandan leaves from 4 pokok kecil left 1 only ... the dry season killed them(BS)...actually I killed them

Related Posts with Thumbnails