Saturday, January 31, 2015

our work in progress

I love gardening since young, 
but I do not know when I really fell in love with growing plants.
having said that, I however does not really have green fingers, 
but I never give up easily ... I will try and try and try.

I've tried to preserve the small piece of green in front of our home and gradually start growing edible things.
At our backyard, there is a piece of vacant land.
Previously it was managed by my neighbour but seeing my passion for growing things, aunty decided to let me grow plants behind. 
I couldn't thank her enough as it had always been my dream to grow my own edibles fruits and vegetables.
I do have dreams that every taman (housing estates) have their own organic farm.
and every city to have fruit forest / park concept. 
Last year, I went to the extend of putting in a feedback to DBKL for them to ponder over planting fruit trees in place of the normal decorative trees.

Although we may be far far away, at least I can do what I can do.
In fact I think we Malaysians are quite a green lot. 
Try walking around your neighbourhood and you'll realised that about 85% of houses will have at least some kind of plants. 
The heart warming thing is that we despite not with many spaces available, make full use of it. I see people planting sugar canes, papaya trees, banana trees, nangka trees, mango trees, pandan leaves, serai, mulberry trees in that little piece of land outside the gate, in between our house & neighbour house.

Here's my work in progress 
hoping my little farm will grow and flourish.

my collection of pandan, lime, mint leave, serai, ladies finger, aloe vera

Newly planted sweet potatoes leave vegetables, and tiny papaya tree

little banana tree inherited from aunty
 
some sugar cane inherited from aunty

the holes are planted with ladies finger & long bean.
Thank you to the uncle & aunty that helps us with the backyard.
 
From far top : newly planted pineapple, aloe vera, pandan leave, lime tree, serai

inherited this nangka / cempedak tree (I dunno which is which)
 
the tree in the middle is custard apple tree ... again inherited from aunty

these are ladies fingers freshly picked from our front garden

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails