Tuesday, November 30, 2004

cheated? .... part 2

we got down at masjid jamek putra lrt station.
he was a bit slow & fragile although he's strong for his age.
me : you need me to help you? (when i see him struggling with his luggage and I'm walking so fast...he's lagging behind)
me : uncle, later you know how to take lrt back to KL sentral from here? you must go this side ya.
old uncle : no need, i can't still manage.. you go ahead first. we used to work hard so we are still strong. we sometimes eat wild pork meat ... there's a lot near the forest near our house.
me : we just go near near ... got one Mcdonald. uncle, u eat fast food or not?
old uncle : anything will do

on the way to Mcdonald, he actually stepped into a poddle of water when I avoided it.
me : uncle, why you step into the water? I walk too fast is it?
old uncle : no la, uncle eyesight at night no good, can't see clearly ... dunno there got water
at that moment, i actually feel tint of 'guilt' for leaving him behind
me : then have to be careful n follow me lo
strange habit, he actually carried his luggage with both of his hand behind instead of using the trolley function of the bag. may be he finds it faster this way

in Mcdonald
me : uncle, I'll order for you. what you want to eat?
old uncle : you order lo .. just a little bit of things to fill stomach will do for uncle
me : uncle, you go look for a sit first, i go order
old uncle : have to go down? up here no more place? (masjid jamek mcdonald have to go down for more tables)
me : up here no more place wo, so have to go down lo. you sit where you like. i'll look for you.

I order 'Filet o' Fish' regular set for the uncle.
nothing for myself, at home pasar malam has lots of things to eat
me : uncle, come eat la
old uncle : how come you don't eat? uncle don't feel good ... uncle eating..u not eating
me : nevermind uncle, you eat ... at home got leave rice for me
old uncle : really thank you very much
me : smile ( i could see that he's hungry as he's eating very fast and sapu everything.... now i recall that i actually forgot to take tomato & chilli sauce for him)
old uncle : you take out a pen and paper. I give you my address and contact in sabah and my daughter. if next time, you come to sabah you can look for me. I'll tell my daughter about you so that when you contact her she'll know you.
( he did gave me his address in tawau, his handphone number and his daughter handphone. I do not know whether it's a fictitious address & number or real. I had not dialed both the number)
according to him, he's daniel lee and her daughter is Dr. Doris Lee

as it was getting late, it was about 9.10 pm and I had to take bus home
me : uncle, later you know how to walk back there to LRT station or not? you need me to bring you there?
old uncle : i know how to go back there. you have been very kind already. you need to go now is it?
me : very sorry uncle, it's getting late. I'll have to go first. you be careful ya
old uncle : remember, if you are going home late, call home to let your parents know
me : yes, uncle. nice meeting you. later you be careful ya
old uncle : better go..it's late already and keep the address properly ..
me : bye uncle, take care

actually now when i think back, i realised there are many things that should be suspicious, but don't know why i buy into his story during then.
till now, i could not determine the authenticity of this old man.
at times, he seemed to be genuine, at times may be not
if he's not genuine, then I'm so easily 'tipu'ed
if he's genuine, then I'm happy that I was able to help someone in need
Either way, I hope I learnt my lesson well

what do you think? is this old man a 'trickster' trying to get easy money (or meal in this case) or it is just he's having a 'bad luck' day?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails