Thursday, June 30, 2005

Cherry tomatoes supplier

Do not know since when but currently my workstation ... there’s where my collegues gather to place order for their cherry tomatoes supply.
Well, it started with cherry tomatoes then the order list grew to ‘japanese cucumber’ … Cameron mandarin oranges, green, yellow, orange, red pepper lantern chili.

Now, I see the wonders of referrals through word of mouth marketing.
Well, this is how it works

Bought for 1 collegue (A) who crave cherry tomatoes
(A) offer cherry tomatoes to other collegues sitting near her let’s say (B) (C) (D) (E) …


(C) and (D) asked (A) … where you bought those?
(A) tell them and the next moment,

(C) come and ask "those cherry tomatoes are nice, you got them from Cameron? For your next trip, do you think you can get some for me too? Maybe about 500g, can carry ho?"
(well can I say no? can lah but just buying tomatoes only … simple … takkan want to say no meh)


then the following morning,
(D) will come and say about the same thing. But also feel like eating ‘japanese cucumber’ wo … ask do they have those in Cameron.
Well the answer is yes and questions like … can also get some of those for me? followed. They are selling it expensive here in KL.

If my business is growing at this rate & pattern, then I’ll more than happy lo =D

The uncle selling in Cameron see me coming from afar already laughing heartily asking "this time what you want ah?"
" uncle, can qualify for bulk discount already? " I asked

First time round, uncle thought he heard wrongly when I told him I want 2 kg of cherry tomatoes
Uncle : 200g or 2kg? Or two packet (those pre-pack in clear container like how they store strawberries)
Me : 2kg. Can help me separate 4 plastic bags
Uncle : oh, buy for friend. Thought you buy for whole week supply

Lucky so far, there isn’t any order for cabbages, cauliflower, sweet potatoes and flowers so far … else I pengsan =p hehe..
Imagine someone wearing office wear, carrying fruits & vegetables… sure will bring laughter to sleepy office workers in the morning =P

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails