Monday, August 29, 2005

Gu Zhen

What is gu zhen?
It’s a traditional Chinese music instrument with 23 strings

If you remember in the movie ‘Kung Fu Hustle’, there was a scene where there’s a musical instrument that was used as powerful weapon. Alamak, I don’t know how to describe, so attach picture.


source : www.chinatoday.com.cn/.../ childrenpalace.jpg

Why suddenly bring up topic about gu zhen?
Because I was mesmerized by my little cousin.
She played it so well .. have to salute her already. Not only one two song but she dished out 10 songs or more so effortlessly.
hehe .. it's not my cousin sister in the picture above

Picture this, a small little girl playing gu zhen that’s heavier than her and taller than her (when placed diagonally). She didn’t bring her ‘nail’ but still she didn’t complain. I guess she’s enjoying the attention we lavished on her.
I should have recorded the songs during then, but I was too busy watching and clapping, I guess.


Children nowadays are so fortunate.
They get to learn all kinds of music instruments.
I asked my sister "do you think they still accept ah jie ah if ah jie want to learn gu zhen?"
This is what my sister had to say "u sure your fingers can still move so swiftly ah? not keras liao ah?" =P


Well …well, this set of old bones … what can they do?
Hehe … they can still type on the keyboard … updating blog … on what young bones can do that old bones wishes to do =P


Me think the image of a lady playing gu zhen is very elegant.
Alas, I don’t know how to play gu zhen =P

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails