Monday, August 29, 2005

grandma's grandchild

I guess it’s either grandma has too many grand children or grandma has to many things too remember =)

She can remember almost all her grand children including my sis but she couldn’t remember my name (hehe… understandable. Who wants to remember someone notoriously naughty? =P
Moreover, it has been quite some time since we last met.


I told her my name is ‘Su Zhen’ when she arrived.
Then grandma gave me a new name when she called me "Ah Bin Goh" (Ah Who) throughout the evening … nice name also wo …hahaha =D

When she’s leaving home with my aunty, I spoke to her at the gate.
Holding her hand, I told her to take care of her health and be happy always =)
"Panai loh, po po hiao eh la" she smiled and spoke in Hakka
translated : panai, grandma know & will lah

wah … I felt like being the 'panai' grandchild again =)

pls bear with my ‘limited’ Hakka
po po : ning choy duk shu? Duk dao gi ning kip? Khau shi how mm how?
You still studying? Study till standard what? Exam good or not?
Me : po po, ngai duk sai hoi la. Zhor kong 3 nien duo lo
Po po, me finished studying liao. Working 3 years more lo
Po po : zhor kong? zi duo shui oh? Hang mien duk sai hi zhor kong?
Working? How old oh? Not yet finish study, go work ah?
Me : po po, ngai 24 shui lo. Duk sai hao jiu loh.
Po po, me 24 years old lo. Finished studying long time already
Po po : 24 shui, yi chian nya zak nan peng yu leh? dai ngan giang geh, mau dai ki loi ah?
24 years old, last time that boyfriend leh? wearing specs, didn’t bring him come ah?
(last time that boyfriend??? me want ask po po whether she is referring to my cousin’s bf. didn’t because don’t want to confuse her further =)
Me : haha… ‘Ah Bing Goh’ mau yin oi ah … LOL
Ah Bing Go nobody want ah ..LOL
Po po : zoh ma kai mm ooi ni oh?

why don't want you?
Me : eh ... mm ti dao lo, po po

eh ... don't know lo, po po (actually me don't know how to answer liao ... with my limited hakka vocabulary =P so I do the closing =P
me : po po, ni man man hang loh .. ah yi deng hao giu hoi loh
po po, you take care, aunty waiting quite long already

Grandma is so cute. but I was suprised she can understand my broken 'hakka' =D
Hope grandma know ‘Ah Bing Goh’ wishes her best of health and happy always =)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails