Friday, February 02, 2007

Successful

The other day, my colleagues were telling me about the wife of a Vice President of a bank. I was told that the wife is a capable young lady who’s slightly older than me but leading a very successful project in another well known bank.

My initial reaction was “Wah, I really envy these people who are so young and capable. ‘People’ around my age is already a project manager for a massive bank project while I’m still here just a small little prawn”

My senior colleague asked me : But are you happy where you are? Is ‘that’ where you want to be?

These 2 questions she threw me got me thinking hard.
Yah, I’m happy with my job & colleagues, although I’m not earning enough ;p
But is ‘that’ where I want to be?
I don’t think so. Never mind the amount of time, effort and youth sacrificed, the amount of stress and health issues that may follow … but all for the company… I will think twice (many many times actually)
Yah, money doesn’t come easy without efforts or works…this I know clearly but if it’s efforts & work, let it be for ourselves.


At many times in LRT, I see people bringing home loads and loads of work home even when they are going home way past office hours. I must say I’ve great respect for these very good employees and I bet they do earn a lot more. However, I never thought of being like them.

I’m just a simple girl who thinks in life, there are many ways to be successful and climbing to the top of the corporate ladder is just a fraction of it :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails