Saturday, December 10, 2011

Precious : coconut water


with this, I'll start my sporadical periodical flashback on my 怀孕 旅程.

I couldn't tell you more how I'm obsessed with young coconut water even before I reaches 3rd trimester of pregnancy ... for it was the only luxury, the only indulgence I could afford (thanks to gestational diabetes I had).
I could go on a 'coconut water spree' and 'coconut hunt' without being questioned..haha
I discovered that coconut water is like chocolate, people (read: I) can get addicted.

As a proof of how bad was my addiction was :
On the late afternoon of the day I gave birth, with contraction of 5 minutes apart (painful contractions mind you), I still have the 'mood/energy/motivation/whatever it takes' to go Tesco to get those 'tender young coconut' selling at RM2.09 / RM2.19 each.
The price differences you noticed? It was price of the precious commodities 'coconut' @ Tesco at different days / weeks. Yes, I'm that obsessed that I stalk the 'coconut fella' and survey almost all stores selling coconut within 5 km in my neighborhood.
Looking back,I didn't know how the hell did I manage to limp around with painful contractions and back pain in Tesco, stopping every 5 minutes (pretending to see things when bitting teeth to tahan pain) just to buy 3 biji of coconuts that I didn't even get to consume....because I 'pushed' that particular night.

lol...such is the power of the 'COCONUT'
椰子

2 comments:

cy said...

now still craving ka? next time i visit u with coconut!

Su said...

Still got =p hehe...but can only drink later as now still so soon after confinement, try not to take cooling stuff :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails