Saturday, December 17, 2011

Precious : antenatal class



If you still remember my earlier post on wth I've got more important things to do ,
here's the more important thing that I'm referring to.


In my attempt for VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Ceasarean), I've look high & low to attend any classes that will increase my chances.
When I finally found out about the antenatal class HUKM is offering, the 24/9/11 class is full and even on the waiting list, I was told even the waiting list is full.


I've got no choice but to enrol for the next class on 22/10/11. They have only 1 class per month. The overwhelming response for the september class was because being the 'puasa' month, August has no class. I even went to the extend of asking my baby to wait, give mama chance to attend antenatal class. 
True enough, my little one allow me the chance for she came 8 days after I attended the class.


Never mind the fact that we had to fork out RM100 per couple, I have to pre-book my very busy ah dear. The class starts from 8.30am to 5.30pm.


We were a little sceptical as the previous antenatal class we attended during 1st child were more like a series of compact marketing advertising series put together. So we went to this with open mind.


The day came and we went, during registration we were asked if we are 1st time parents,      I told them no but I forgot (just answer for answering sake).


Upon seeing my tummy,
Nurse : ni dah macam nak bersalin ni, bila due? 
me : awal november kak
Nurse : tapi ni dah turun ni ... nanti bila buat senaman, u tengok je la, takut nanti you bersalin hari kat sini pulak.
me : tak pe kak, boleh buat lagi, tak takut. Lagi nak belajar.
Nurse : tapi memang you punya nampak macam dah nak bersalin bila bila masa.


These are the topics covered
1. Normal & abnormal birth
2. Jagaan selepas bersalin and perancangan keluarga
3. Pain relief in labour
4. Optimal nourishment during pregnancy
5. cord blood
6. Penjagaan bayi & permohonan sijil kelahiran
7. penyusuan ibu
8. Senaman antenatal, breathing exercise & postnatal
9. tour of labour room & ward.


Overall, I find this antenatal class good and informative. 
I like activity 8 and 9 the best. However, I almost totally forgotten how to breath during labour. I also like the touring part because it allow us to know where we will be giving birth rather than suprise.


In attending to this, I've missed another FOC antenatal organise by nurses @ KKIA (Klinik Kesihatan Ibu & Anak). It was so co-incidentally on the same day and the nurses very much wanted me to join. Yes, I've grown very close to them for they are the ones that took care of me during this pregnancy and even visited us numerous time @ home postnatal. I feel guilty for letting them down since they very sincerely organised the antenatal class and come back to work on Saturday for the sake of us mothers.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails