Tuesday, January 22, 2008

heart warming days

yesterday was and today is a heart warming day.

Suddenly all the things that cross my path are so heart warming.... in fact, it reinforce to me that life is just so beautiful.

Yesterday,

while helping a friend to check on the clearance of cheque, I took some of my lunch time to speak to a colleague in my previous department.
She told me what she's been through a lot last few months where her husband had a critical heart operation which could fail or left him paralyzed.

This couple has 2 very young children age 5 and below.
The last few months was one of the hardest period in their lives but they persevere out of love for each other and their children.


She told me 'anything else doesn't really matter anymore' when loved ones have to go through life and death situation.
She had forego promotion to be team leader but does it matter?


She also said 'we are very forgetful people, we may forgot the hardship we endure after some time but we must not forget that we were given another chance, we need to appreciate it'

such are the powerful wisdoms from people who had walked the talk.
although I may not have faced much hardship but I know this much is true.






Today,

while walking from LRT station to my office. I saw a very heart warming image that I couldn't stop myself from snapping the pic.

At a glance, you may think they are friends who walked together and have hand on each other shoulder...
But if you look closer, you'll notice that these 3 friends are visually impaired.
The bond that they share and the trust that they put on each other is just awesome.
I was moved.

Some may see it as blind leading the blind... but why? it is because the capable wasn't willing to offer a helping hand.
I'm just as guilty for not helping them cross the road .... all because it's not the same direction and I assume others will help... come to think of it... what's so difficult of bringing them across the road and walking back??

Today,

Around 4pm, I heard bird chipping in the office. Thinking it was just some innovative ring tones, I ignored it but the chirping was persistent and grew louder.
I traced the origin of the bird chirping to the window at far left end of my office where the outdoor unit of the aircond is.
Me and my collegue decided to open the slide window. The birds were not there anymore but there was an egg slightly bigger than quail egg. There are some traces of shit and many nuts leftovers.

Again, it is very seldom we see heart warming egg like this, imagine a new birdie is coming into this big big world. There were no nest but i think the outdoor aircond unit does help.

In facebook, I'm happy to see hatching eggs but I think I'll be estactic when one day, i find this egg hatched.


What makes yesterday & today a more heart warming day is because
TOMORROW is a HOLIDAY.... yahoo!!!!

1 comment:

anechoic said...

yet so many ppl are dissatisfied with their life..haha.

its good to be joyful over small or big things.

Related Posts with Thumbnails