Friday, August 01, 2008

‘From now on, I’ll let him open the door for me’

Last time, when we first started ‘pak tor’, I have a very bad habit.

I don’t believe in letting the gentleman opening the door (the push type) for me when I’m just as capable to do it myself.
I wanted to be so-called ‘independent’ and refuse to (ma-fan) rely on him to do simple things like opening doors.
He always insisted that he will push open the door for me and I kept refusing.

Every time we approach doors (that need to be pushed to go through), we will both make a dash to see who gets to push open the door 1st.
Sometimes, he’ll have to hold me back so that he gets to push open the door (yalah, his hand longer ma =p)

Each time, he’ll want to push open the door for me and I couldn’t understand why.
I couldn’t comprehend why he doesn’t allow me to do simple things like this or holding the doors for him to pass through.
All he wanted to do was just to open that door for me, and yet I was just so ‘keras kepala’ (stubborn).

This morning while in the LRT, I suddenly told myself

‘From now on, I’ll let him open the door for me’

.........

.........

.........

.........


I read this from Dr John Gray book that

[ When a man opens the door for a woman, it is as if he is subconsciously saying " You're special to me, I care about you, I honour you, I am here for you, I understand you do so much for everyone so I am happy to help make things easier for you whenever I can."

This loving message is given each time a man goes a little out of his way to show consideration for making his partner's life easier and more comfortable. Actions speak louder than words. ]



Dear, is this why you always subconsciously wanted to push open the doors for me?
Sorry, I didn't know it could mean so much.

ps. don't worry, I'll leave all the doors to you =p LOL


8 comments:

snoopychui said...

You are such a lucky gal whereby there is someone who likes to open the doors for you!

I used to think that guy who opens doors for gals is a issue of manner but until you quote that message in.........

anechoic said...

haha..su, i was going to tell u john gray's explantion if u didn't know already. :P

addywong said...

Don't think too much...

Let me tell you my explanation.

Let you go in 1st to make sure it's safe then only he'll enter!

anechoic said...

now i know addy is like that wan..

i tot its because we scare the girl after enter suddenly let go then the door bang guy. :X

addywong said...

anechoic.. that's also 1 of the point..

Unknown said...

-_-"

Su said...

LOL ...
yalor... i think too much liao!!
thanks to u guys all lo =p for causing me to think so much =p kekeke

Anonymous said...

LOL ... now i will think twice whenever addy us go in first ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails