Saturday, August 16, 2008

training the 'masters'

Have you tried giving training to people who are experienced and top notch in their own fields?


While I was expecting a group of MT (management trainees), I was taken aback when I'm facing with MA (Management Associate) & FL (Future Leaders) besides the normal MTs. These are the group of people who may be my leaders and superiors.


They do throw me a few questions (completed with evidence from the operating guidelines)
but what I wanted to convey is that as much as we want to go by the book, there are times we need to act on based on situation.
This is a group of audience that really does their homework and came fully equipped. I secretly like the challenges they had thrown to me ... it shows they are moving in tandem with what I'm saying.



There I'm standing feeling very small in front of those people where any of them could be my superior.
At the same time, I'm glad I'm defaulted to do this training ... whereas other departments have their big bosses do this training. While I think I'm the only 'udang kecil' joining this 3 days training, it opens me up to a totally new arena.



Never in my life can I imagine myself speaking in a well known hotel ballroom with a clip on microfon with about 50+ people listening attentively to what I have to say. Honestly, it feels great to share what I'm doing for a living with people.


Sincere thanks to you all for your willing participation and cooperation.


ps. I still remember the looks I got when I walked into the ballroom .... and when one of the class leader asked if I'm the trainer. I felt like a child lost in a foreign place. With my back pack on my bag, I feel like I'm a school girl who are not qualified to give training to these group of people who some are seniors to me in term of age, experience, knowledge, skills and ....
However, I was happy when they told me my session was one of the best so far and a great session to have on Friday before the weekend.

I think this is great ... I've taken a step to do what I'm afraid of ... and I found out it wasn't that bad after all ... At least I knew I tried and no regrets.

hard to describe my feelings but it was definately a very great experience to begin my weekend with =D

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails