Monday, August 25, 2008

what an experience

another milestone ....
Yesterday 24/8/08, not only did I upgraded myself in running,
I upgraded my obasang'ness and kiasu'ness as well =p
I actually ransacked the dump area for a box to carry all those free drinks in bottles and cans which I've accumulated by queuing many many rounds because they allow one bottle per person only.
(Was trying to get free drinks for everyone at home and at office as well as for myself =p )

histories made ...
not only I managed to complete a 10km run (which only I never thought of completing) in about 1 hour 30 minutes,
this was also our 1st experience of car being broken into (not that I want this kind of thing to ever happen again). While we are waiting to finish the race, Keef's injured car must have been waiting for our return. I'm so sorry about it.
Fortunately, nothing valuable were taken. We are able to find the pakar cermin kereta to attend to keef's car.

As much as I would like to pursue running, I have thoughts of retiring end of this year. Yah, not that I even started =p lol .... yes, I know I've not even give the 21-km 'buddy' a chance.

I've always enjoy the solidatory moments during the runs ... enjoying mother nature, listening to my favourite tracks, listening to my own heartbeat, listening to what my heart has to say, listening to 'me' & feeling myself drenched in sweat (a symbol of hardwork)

In this SHAPE RUN, I've a long long thought & flashback about my life, my loved ones and what I want in life. I see some people running towards their goals, I see people strolling, but what I see in most people is their never give up attitude and their passion.

Everyone of us run for a reason. What's yours?

ps. I also DISCOVERED ...Things will happen when we put our mind & heart to it... I personally experience it (not the 1st time).

This is about a tiny rubberband ... but please continue reading...

My tiny rubberband broke and I tied it back but it broke again & I tied it again. I was asking everyone - Keef, FL, PW whether they have extra but unfortunately they don't. When the rubberband broke and flew-dunno-to-where while we are walking to the starting point, I started panicking because I couldn't be running with my hair let free ... they will start poking my eyes, sweeping my neck and I'll be sweating like hell.

I visualise that there's rubberband on the ground waiting for me to pick up and true enough about 200 metres in front, I stumble upon a big rubberband (the type they use to tied stack of letters together at post office). It was great for tying my hair. I was jumping with joy for it was something I needed very much at that point of time.

See, I've always believe that if we want something (good things of course) badly enough, we put our mind, heart and effort to it. It will come to us. This is also why I always believe that we reap what we sow.

3 comments:

anechoic said...

last paragraph..sounds like from the secret wan..hehe.

Su said...

spot on =) concept was taken from the secret ... I've always find truth in the secret =)

Unknown said...

well done su...proud of you and FL...yes, find your own reason to run and do not pressure yourself...:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails