Sunday, September 05, 2004

it happened ...


http://www.nanyang.com.my

excerpts from http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/09/04/russia.school/index.html

BESLAN, Russia (CNN) -- The death toll in the Russian hostage crisis has climbed beyond 350 as President Vladimir Putin denounced the massacre as "an attack on our country."

North Ossetia government spokesman Lev Dzugayev told CNN that 323 hostages, including 156 children, died in the siege in the southern town of Beslan.

Near the scene, the bodies of dead children were placed on stretchers. One woman leaned down and caressed the body of a young boy. Other women stood shocked, holding their hands to their mouths and weeping


just my humble opinion
I may not know what's the objectives / reasons for what happened
but the victims are innocent and helpless
and that was the picture that I saw in nanyang siang pao night edition that prompted me to post this
may they rest in peace


2 comments:

Unknown said...

My heart aches. I do not understand. What have they gained? It is beyond all comprehension.

Unknown said...

Sadness indeed ...

Related Posts with Thumbnails