Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Influence

Bernard … the fresh grad just back from Australia finally got the job in our deparment .. another section.

I still remember him .. of course. He was nervous even after the interview.
The other day, after his interview, I met him at the door having difficulty opening the door because doesn’t know have to press the button to open the door.
As I was heading to the washroom, I opened and held the door for him.


As ‘kepochi’ as I’m always am, I asked him a few questions … which maybe make him think he’s going through 2nd round interview ..hehe
Questions were like :
How was the interview? Fresh grad? From where? What field? 1st job interview? Any practical / apprentice during semester break?
Can let me know what questions they asked you in interview just now?


I even had the gut to ask the guy for his handphone no. (well, who know who this guy will be in future? Maybe I can recruit him? Maybe he can be a prospect)
He wanted to offer me his pen for me to write down his number. Haha..maybe shocked that I asked for his no., he had difficulty pulling the pen from his shirt pocket.
" alamak, panic till pen also can’t take out ah" I teased
" don’t worry, I’m not in the interview panel"


I ‘sms’ him as promised and this was his reply
" hi su, nice meeting you too. Sorry, was a bit nervous just now. Do you think I stand a chance to join the bank?"


Today 12/7/05, he reported work and when he was being introduced by boss, he said "Thanks a lot, Su"
" Hah?? Why??" was my reaction.
He just raised his eye brow, didn’t dare to say much as boss is there. Boss also wondering how he know I’m Su even before boss say my name.
Only later I got to know, he thought I had a part to play in him being recruited … maybe through some recommendation. I assured him that I had no ‘say’ at all (that I’m just a small prawn) and he got the job because management sees the potential in him.
Although I personally may not like working there, it’s not right for me to spoil the enthusiasm of a fresh grad.


I had contacts of some interviewees that come for interview.
Wonder what happen if my boss find out what I’m doing … trying to recruit.
Either she’ll never know or even if she does, so?
I’m not afraid.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails