Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Out of the norm = Abnormal ?

Last Wednesday 20/7/05, I attended a ‘Tea-talk’ session on ‘Mind mapping’ organized by my company.

During the initial interactive session, each of us (participants) were given a piece of paper (drawing block size) and colour pencils. We were told to think and imagine ‘holiday with family’ and put in on paper in whatever way we like.

We, the participants were diligently imagining and putting our thoughts to paper during the few minutes given. Imagining holidaying with family was a great thing to do after a stressful day at work. We had drawings, writings and scribbles in various colours in our ‘masterpiece’ =P

As we were peeping at other’s drawing (yah, we still do that as working adults … even some professional bankers)
Something in my piece of paper actually caught Kassie’s attention. Trust me it wasn’t written in bold, neither big nor highlighted.
" hah? You spring clean?" she asked
" yah =) it’s a fun activity when it involve everyone in the family." I replied
"see, we can have some sort of gathering too with lots of foods also (pointing on my paper)" I added


Why do most of us have a pre-notion of holidays with family means going on trips? Yes, me included because I had drawings of ‘lidi’ people and smiley faces enjoying our trips to destinations locally and overseas (a plane to represent overseas…hehe.. =P

When we were asked to draw something to represent our dream destinations, don’t know why but I suddenly had difficulty because I concentrated more on what we were going to do than where are we going to.
Ask me my dream destinations some years back and I will give answers such as New Zealand or Australia (where we can swim with dolphin) but currently, ‘where’ doesn’t really matter that much, it’s who I’m with and what we do there …


Didn’t know how our discussion venture into traveling overseas, my superior sitting next to me seemed to be very surprised when she got to know I had never been on aeroplane. With tagline such as "now everyone can fly" I felt like a ‘katak bawah tempurung’ for that particular moment =)

" ai ye, ho shum lei la, if you save the money you spent on going Cameron so many times, you can afford to take flights traveling overseas. What’s so fun about Cameron by the way other than maybe the weather?" she remarked

" hai lo hoh, pai she, gam dai go yan mo cho gor fei kei" I smiled
( yaloh, shame, at this adult age, had never been on aeroplane)


She has got her point, but I didn’t see the need (& lazy) to explain further. If only she knew …

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails