Monday, September 19, 2005

A night to remember

16/9 – Annual Dinner & Dance 2005
It was a fun-filled night .. there were Freebies, Fun, Foods & Free Flow of drinks


Left office at 5pm sharp. Yin Yin ask me "you wearing these shoes? How to match cheongsam?" "Unfortunately, this is the only pair of high heels I have wo" I told her matter of factly.
"tak ge ler lei" yin yin snided…haha


Mandarin Oriental ladies were pack with staffs from UOB .. changing, make-up, styling hair.. it’s fun to watch ladies jostling around for the mirror spaces .. ok lah, me included =P can get a lot of make-up tips also =P if me not wrong, we spent average 30 minutes in there.

Freebies … yalah, me cheapskates .. no harm being one, I thought, since it’s free =P
Caricature … it’s worth queuing to have your ‘face’ drawn. You get a chance to look at yourself from other people ‘eyes’. Bravo to the 2 caricaturist who draw non-stop for more than 50 people. They say the ‘picture’ look a lot like me =P but I think the caricaturist did a great job drawing foong ling’s eyes .. so bright and sparkling =)
Free make up & hair styling booth .. if only I knew they have these, I definitely give a try instead of fumbling in the ladies. I should let the professionals help me instead .. sigh =) didn’t get to try as priority was caricature =)
Polaroid photos – how our photo appears on Polaroid is like ‘magic’. We were literally chasing the photogals to help us take photos … also ‘borrowing’ beautiful ladies & handsome men for photos.. hehe =P Also chance to tap shoulders with ‘boss’


Since it’s free sitting, we venture off from our department’s table … strange that these people still want sit together during dinners although sitting together for the rest of working days.. that would defeat the purpose to socialize during dinner, wouldn’t it? =P
There were only 4 of us (for a table of 10)… haha ..we’re eating for tomorrow’s dinner as well that the waiter serving us was shocked too =P


Got get compliments "the dress is beautiful" alas not the person wearing it =P (note that adjective is used to describe the dress not the wearer =P …you know what me mean? … for instance, if they think you are beautiful, they will say "you’re beautiful" and not "the dress is beautiful" =P hehe …

Met Vee Voon, very ‘ying’ in oriental shirt & hair stylishly combed.. in fact he saw us first. Our friend is darn lucky guy .. he got a Samsung MP3 player for lucky draw while we holding to our ticket stub hoping our number will appear =) he must be too happy clicking away, that by the time want take photo together, that’s time his digicam battery low =P

The performances were superb .. judging from my reaction. I seldom let go ‘eating’ to watch performance .. however me just did that. I was clapping, singing along and laughing non-stop that foong ling started looking at me one kind … as though I’m drunk =P
The performances … about this order (wanted to bring home the itinery but left on table liao)
24 drums, puteri gunung ledang, CMT drama, Buddy Loren … who impersonate many entertainers and sang in many language including hokkien, mandarin, Cantonese, malay, English, tamil, Hindustan and etc. he brought to us a lot of laughter and memories of some very nice songs. Last but not least …Dama Ochestra with Tan Soo Suan belting out Teresa Teng’s classics and some English classics.


Haha… was coaxed to join the dance floor by some ‘people’. Me think everyone also a bit ‘high’ after a few drinks. Me guess we work hard, we play hard too … no harm letting go once a while.

Indeed an enjoyable night =)
It doesn’t take a lot to make a person happy, really =D

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails