Sunday, March 02, 2008

painting misadventures

Operation 1

Target : to smear the 4 walls of the master head room with 2 tones.

Allocated time frame : 10 man hour

Strategies :
1. Decide on date and hour of smear
2. Purchase of smearing equipments and damages intended (that is to bank account)
3. Negotiation of tones and attack strategies
4. Determine and indicate direction of smear
5. Troops and equipment move in
6. Maps displayed on all grounds, indicating areas not to smear (a.k.a floor and fittings)
7. Divide and conquer
8. Initial smearing done, retreat to rest and discuss.
9. To continue conquer tomolo at hour 1100 after travelling up and down the hill (bkt gasing)
10. Announcement of victory


Operation aside,
today again dear literally saved my life.

This was how it happened...
After moving the neccessary equipments into the room,
we started with cleaning the walls.
With my usual 'mi mi mo mo' speed, I was a little slow in scrubbing of those dirts.
As I'm not tall (obviously), of course I'll need the help of a ladder (the big blue brother) in the photo below to help me reach places I couldn't reach even by tip toe.
btw, even standing at the top of the ladder, my head doesn't hit the ceiling... now you know how not tall I'm =p

I can feel that one of big blue brother leg is not shorter than the other 3.
But I thought big blue brother should be stable enough to support my weight.

Then came to the point where I scrub with a little too much strength that I lose my balance. The ladder tilted to my right and I could feel myself falling off balance with the ladder. I shouted in shock as if it can help not to let me fall.
It was dear's quick action that saves my life ... he grabbed hold of the ladder and stabilise it back.
Lucky he was nearby and was telling me that the ladder is unstable because I didn't straighten the 1 of the 2 stabiliser in between the slanting ladder.

I came down the ladder with wobbly shivering legs ... only god knows how furious my heart was beating. What could have happened had dear not catch hold of the ladder in time?
For the rest of the day, I was abit afraid and reluctant to paint the higher walls but I guess I need to overcome my fear.
I forced myself to go up the ladder again... but this time I make sure the ladder is stable and strategically place that I can hold on to something to avoid fall.

Painting is a wonderful activity (minus the smell of the paint).
It's fun colouring the wall ... Loving it =)

ps. hehe, pls do let me know if you want some fun adventures painting the walls / ceiling.
We may need some help if there are volunteers .... hehe

ps. thank you dear for saving my life

The BIG BLUE BROTHER
This is where I almost fall ... I was cleaning the wall above the switch.

3 comments:

anechoic said...

lol..this is the first time I see ppl call a master bedroom as a master head room. :X

and one thing, dun paint without ur dear around..haha

Su said...

the next time when i post again, then is the 2nd time u see loh .. LOL

why? so I can let him do all the painting while I sit and watch TV is it?? =p kaka

anechoic said...

lol...nope, so he can be hero again. :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails