Monday, March 10, 2008

what do you see?

Photo (C) Liba Taylor/Panos
Bonus Read - Hope in Hell - Reader's Digest March 2006

I stoned and stared at the photo above for about 30 seconds only to realise that I had tears welling in my eyes.
For that 30 seconds, time really stopped despite being in the morning LRT rush, standing and reading Reader's Digest.
I think I had looked with so much intensity that I could feel the love and the warmth of love.... so genuine

I love this photo very very much.
This is definately one of those photos that touches my heart deeply.

It just simply urges me to reach out and help those in need.

Thank you to the photographer who capture this real moment and share it with us.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

it takes time and dedication to reach out to the needy but the satisfaction is priceless.....
btw, when are we going for charity again (orphanage? or old folks?)? when are we going SPCA? :P

Su said...

i suddenly have this idea!! why not our bacherolette day trip be a trip to bring happiness to old folks / kiddies? or even animals?

we can spend time with them, play with them/ help them grow some greeneries or clean their places =) ... i intend to cook 'tong sui' and nice foods for them too once I master the cooking skill.

Let me arrange one within these 3 months and I shall post it here for all who's interested to participate. Till then, think over what do you want to do for them =)

ps. is weekend alright for everyone? Saturday or Sunday? Who's working on Saturday, please let me know ya

Unknown said...

great idea su...i support fully...let's have a discussion session....:P
we can make jelly if we are going orphanage.....or bake a cake...:)

Su said...

okie dokie.. we discuss during this weekend breakaway =)

cy said...

i know how to bake the brownies now ...

Su said...

keef, can i learn make sago lo lo or any 'tong sui' from your mum before we go? since CY agree to bake brownies liao =D

Related Posts with Thumbnails