Saturday, April 05, 2008

Help! There's iceberg in my fridge

That day, I decided to improve on my cooking skills (read : trying to finish cooking the leftover items and vege), I cooked a meal for 2.
Dad and sis went for trip.

These simples dishes, mind you, took me about 3 - 4 hours to cook.



and just in case you are wondering, no ... these dishes doesn't require slow cook / stew for long hours (beside the herbal soup which I boil in slow cooker)




The dishes are basically dried chilli sotong




Stir fried tao miu, mushroom and chicken meatball.





Why it took me as long as 3 - 4 hours?

Thanks to my fridge lor ...hehe, frezeer to be exact ^^!

When I wanted to take the ingredient out to defrost, I realised I couldn't pull the tray out.
Apparently both trays in the freezer were frozen with iceberg from the fridge ... so strong so much so that I couldn't move them a single inch.

Then I have to switch off the fridge, let the iceberg melt (something like the effects of global warming) before I can remove the trays by force.

Just in case you find it hard to imagine, I've capture some pics to facilitate your imagination...hehe =p



The slab of ice below was remove from the lower part of the upper tray.
I bet we can make 20 bowls of ice kacang and cendol with this slab of concrete ice =p

And so I ended up having to clean the fridge ... removing icebergs, wiping the dripping water, cleaning the trays... all because I needed the stuff to eat from the freezer.

And so crazy was I, that I had conveniently put some clothes for washing in the washing machine just right before I open that freezer door. So I had to juggle the drying of the clothes as well.

Talk about multitasking... I do salute housewife who is able to complete so many things in a limited amount of time and some with children wanting attention every minutes.

And as dear put it, staying focus really wasn't one of my strength.. hehe =p
Else how I ended up diverted to do so many other things when all I need to do is cook for 2 .... haih...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails