Sunday, September 28, 2008

Let them go

Tomorrow, I'll let them go ...
I've been holding them back for too long.

Although I feel 'mm seh tak'
but there's always a time when we need to learn to let go
Let them spread their wings and fly (although they don't have wings)
Let them enjoy the freedom that's due to them.
Now that I seldom have time for them.

Tomorrow, I'll be bidding farewell to both my tortoise 'Wu Wu' & 'Guei Guei'
I'll be letting them live with their friends at Thean Hou temple ...
a place I know where they will be well taken care of.
a place full of blessing and love..

It has been a wonderful journey raising these 2 'buggers' (as someone used to call them)
from getting various sizes container for their home as they grow to getting good-within-budget food for them)

I'm going to miss them making noise asking for food each time they sense someone near them.

I feel like a mother now, letting her children leave her to pursue their goals and dreams.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking back, I was this girl who didn't give up any hopes.
Last time, I was told that tortoise have very long lives ... and often they are rear as sign of longevity.
I rear 2 - a male and a female tortoise ... to be honest, that was actually because I wanted both my mum and dad to have longevity to enjoy their senior years.
Now, I want the tortoise to be well taken care of at Thean Hou temple ... the sacred and holy place full of blessings.
For I know there, they can be together and survive for many many years to come.

Updates : I'm happy I found them a good place to belong to =)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails