Wednesday, January 18, 2012

our efforts count

Our individual efforts to protect mother nature, protect the earth are important.
We will realise that just by making a little changes in our everyday lives, we can make a difference.
Throughout this 'stay at home' duration, I've become greener (no, not in term of jealousy =p)
Conscious effort were made :
I keep take bath water to flush toilet. It's good for watering plants too.
Only wash clothes when washing machine full load.
practice 3R : Reduce, Reuse, Recycle 
I've tried to reduce garbage by using cloth diaper during day time. 
I've reuse & recycle children, adult & maternity clothes. 
I've pack my over-the-years collection of magazines ready to be donated / given away. 
(If you know of any clinics / maternity care centre / anyone which my (womens' and parenting) magazines could be useful, please let me know. I guess it's more environmentally efficient to share the info in the magazine rather than recycling the paper) 
I've started segregating my rubbish - recyclable & non-recyclable. There's this one old lady at my area that collects recyclable..hope this can benefit her, then she don't have to search for recyclable items among the thrash.

Later, when I regain a little more freedom, I would like to take part in eco-friendly activities ... like throwing mud balls to clean up sea / river / lake, plant trees effort / recycling activities etc...So if you come across any..please do share with me ya =D

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails