Friday, October 26, 2007

Test 'Positive'

'Don't go clubbing ah'


Whom do you think most likely said the above statement to me?
(a) My dad
(b) My sis
(c) My boyfriend
(d) My close friend(s)
(e) My doctor


What about this statement 'Don't drink and drive ah'?

....

....

....

....

....

....

....

. . . .

. . . .




Doc say one ah ... don't play play ah.
Exactly word for word some more.
I also had my fair share of SHOCK!!!


Wah!!! my liver so bad that he know I go clubbing and drinking every night ah?
Wah!!! so terror just by stetoscope and thermometer, he know I drink and drive ah?
Wah!!! I got such serious amnesia that I forgot I ever did what he mentioned ah?
SHOCKING !!! Eyes open big big in disbelief

Seeing my reaction, doc open his eyes even bigger... then he laughed.
He stood up, walked over to the medicine cabinet and grab a bottle with a label
that read 'Jauhi daripada kanak kanak'.

He put it in front of me and say "Try this over weekend"
"Huh?" was my only reaction.

Doc then explained that the cough syrup contains codeine.
It is a kind of opiate and will make people 'high' and highly drowsy and addictive if overdosed.
If I were to get caught while clubbing and undergo urine test, will surely be tested positive.

And oh... when he say 'Don't drink and drive' ... he meant 'don't drink this cough mixture and drive' as it is very dangerous (expecially for people who can fall asleep anytime anywhere like me ... I add myself one lah)

I've been coughing non-stop the whole day especially in the office with air cond.
Cough till the lung like coming out. All the 'tulang rusuk' pain already.

I was thinking if I earn RM1 each time I cough, I would have earned at least RM1000 for the last 24 hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt below from wikipedia, sounds scary.

While the combination of codeine with paracetamol at higher-than-recommended doses can possibly cause hepatotoxicity (liver damage), combination with ibuprofen can result in kidney problems/failure and additional stomach pain and nausea, and combination with aspirin can lead to internal hemorrhaging, particularly gastrointestinal hemorrhage.

3 comments:

KA said...

i took one of those before for my cough, really heavy stuff, drowsy like mad, and next morning still in blur state.

my panel doc also tell me same thing, dun drink and drive but din say anything bout clubbing.

anechoic said...

It seems that coughing is now hard to cure..

I always a few coughs every now and then. Even after I recovered from cold/fever, I will have some cough for 2-3 weeks. I cough less in air cond room and don't cough while sleeping...lol.

For me, doesn't seem have any cure. Don't even take medcine. After a few weeks, the cough stop..lol. But will start back when I get sick.

Su said...

wah lau eh..andyc like u say, the cough mixture really can be substitute for sleeping pills.. I slept the whole afternoon =p

anehoic : yup, cough is sometimes 'cheung sau mei'(long cure process). unfortunately, i'm opposite, i cough non-stop in air cond and sleeping ..which is very irritating for me and people sleeping next to me.
Unlike you, i'll have to take medicine, else i'll cough like MONSTER!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails