Friday, January 14, 2005

1st day at work

12 Jan 2005 was my sis first day at work at the UE3 business park.
previously she had tried working as promoter during school days,
however this is the 1st time she's working in an office environment (although for temp)

before that I had actually tried to pursuade her to 'help ah jie build ah jie's business'
this is what she said : I work outside can learn to help you build business faster ah.
which is true, very true.
She'll need to learn by herself how's the world out there.

during then, the night before interview she asked a lot of questions like "ah jie, tomorrow interview wear what clothes? I don't have office attire wo. You think your clothes I can muat? "
" ah jie, I also don't have office shoe, can borrow me or not?"
" ah jie, tomorrow if they ask this & this question, how to answer? "
" ah jie, ......
(cannot blame her, cause I was like that too la... last time =P

lucky she didn't ask " ah jie, tomorrow can you go for the interview ah? " else I pengsan =P

After the 1st day at work, she looked tired so I ask " why look so tired? boss give you a lot of work ah? who dare to bully my mei mei? "
sister : " I very sleepy oh, jie. This morning wake up very early. today the girl teach me many things and ask me do many things. She today take half day leave wo "
me : now you know work 'not that easy' leh? (note me didn't use the word - susah) but you sure no problem la ... sup sup sui only ma ho.
she smiled but I know all these will make her a stronger person.

today was her 2nd day at work, and she brought home some work from office.
she didn't tell me, but I saw it on her table. I wanted to, but I didn't ask for I know she has her ways or solutions.
perhaps she's more of a perfectionist ... which sometimes make things tougher.
but I'm glad she's learning and growing very fast, even faster than this 'ah jie'

let's see what she says tomorrow =)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails