Tuesday, January 25, 2005

camping in bangalow?? part 1

the first question I was asked when I’m back
"you had been to torture camp ah?"
I was stunted. "Hah! I looked that bad meh?"


Yes, I did joined a 3 days 2 nights team building camp from 20/1/05 to 22/1/05.
These are some of the most memorable days so far in my life.
Was basically all out, exhausted, battered ... muscle pain & bruises all over the body
(yalah, for people like me who never exercise at all)
actually by the end of the camp, almost everyone was limping
even simple action like walking, climbing the stairs, going to the loo requires huge effort.


20/1/05
woke up 5.30am. reached BP station near Eastin Hotel where I'm supposed to wait for my friend at 6.45am.
After signalling my father to leave, I received SMS "I'll come 8.15am".
If can, I wanted to be pettrol attendant for that 1 & 1/2 hour to earn some hourly wages. Waiting has never been that long. I was like a backpack traveller with nowhere to go.
Had breakfast with some other participants. Bus strated its journey about9am.

We reached Trolak - Perak at about 11am++. We were ushered to the convention centre where we were briefed outline of the camp, objectives, ground rules.
We later checked into Anona bungalows with 3 rooms (each with 4 or 3 beds) - luckily we don't have to erect tents =P There was 1 bed left in the room where 3 aunties in their 40s ... so I joined them. It was blessing in disguise as I suddenly had 3 temporary mothers who took care of me so well. I'm the youngest participant..hehe =P

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails